Get A Library Card

Any resident, 18 years and older, residing in the Central Islip School District, is eligible for a library card. Those under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present when applying for a card.

Proof of residency, including name and street address, is required from one of the following: 

  • New library cards
  • Address changes
  • Name changes
  • Replacement cards
  • Card Renewals

To Apply for a Temporary Digital Card:

Click the link below to fill out an application for a digital library card, valid for 30 days. You will receive a confirmation email with your temporary card number.

Temporary Card Application

Educator Card

The Central Islip Public Library offers Educators Library Cards to teachers in our community. To obtain an application, visit the Central Islip Public Library with a form of Educator identification.

Benefits include:

  • No fines on material used in the classroom. Check out up to 20 items.
  • With Librarian approval, you may request longer loan periods on selected materials used in the classroom.
  • Your cards are valid for up to one year, after which they will then be eligible for renewal.

Please be aware that you are responsible for any lost or damaged material checked out to your Educator Card.

Visit our Educator's Page for more resources.

Grandchild Card

Grandparents residing within The Central Islip Public Library District may bring a child to the library on behalf of the child's parent/legal guardian and sign them up for their own library card.

The child will receive a limited card and are entitled to library program attendance. These cards are also short term and will be eligible for renewal every 3 months.

33 Hawthorne Avenue
Central Islip NY 11722
Tel: (631) 234-9333

Copyright © 2023. All Rights Reserved. Central Islip Public Library

Translate »